One of my proudest accomplishments as a member of the Parkmerced Sustainability Committee is getting a drying rack in the laundry room of our buildings. We hang up as much as we can and use the electric drier sparingly.
For those of you not yet convinced about air drying, here are 10 great reasons to hang it:
- Save money on drier use.
- Clothes last longer.
- Clothes and linens smell better.
- Conserve energy and the environment.
- It is moderate physical activity.
- Sunlight bleaches and disinfects.
- Indoor racks can humidify in dry weather.
- Avoid clothes dryer fires.
- It can be an experience that is meditative and community-building.
- Show that small steps can make a differnce — model for your community!
For the complete article and lots of other info on line drying, check out Laundrylist.org.